Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Celebrate Financial Literacy Month!





Did you know, in a recent poll, 50% of Canadians (Insurance Bureau of Canada) responded that they want to better understand insurance?
Why understand insurance? Through understanding how insurance works, and how insurance can benefit your family, you will be better able to plan for your families future. We often get caught up with balancing our pay with our bills, that we neglect one of our biggest responsibilities in financial planning – building our safety net. Insurance provides us with that pillow of comfort, which will allow us with breathing and resting room when we need it.
Can I afford insurance? Many people think that insurance is too expensive, and that they will not need it. But the truth is, you need insurance. Many Canadians are not prepared for a financial crisis. In fact, the average Canadian owes $27,131! Holding such heavy debt loads may make it much more difficult to obtain a loan or borrow money in the event of an emergency. How will you pay for an emergency if you do not have insurance and cannot get a loan?
What should I ask my insurance agent? – Speak to an insurance agent to help see what options are available to you. Some questions to ask: What will my policy cover? Should I get a family plan or individual plan? Who will be responsible for my finances in a crisis? How can I keep my premium down?
This month, make it your priority to educate yourself about ways to protect your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment